In partnership with Mars Wrigley, and Atlantic Health Systems, the Hackettstown BID and the Hackettstown Police Department are happy to announce the 10th annual Halloween Parade on October 28th. This year’s parade will gather on the front lawns of Centenary University beginning at 2:00pm.
The parade will feature varying age brackets, family costume plus a pet division. There will be prizes for the best costume in each group.
The parade will begin promptly at 3pm and proceed down Moore Street to the gazebo at Main Street. From there the participants are invited to circulate up and down Main Street visiting the various merchants who have either a Orange Pumpkin (giving away candy) displayed on their window, or a teal pumpkin (giving away a non-food item).
Advisory: 10th Annual Halloween Downtown Parade Road Closures
West Moore Street between Washington Street and Route 46 will be closed from 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
The following roads will be closed from 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.:
1. West Moore Street between Beatty Street and Second Avenue.
2. First Avenue between Grand Avenue and West Moore Street
3. West Moore Street along with the side streets from Beatty Street to Washington Street will be closed as the parade proceeds to the gazebo.
Expect traffic delays in the area.
**The Hackettstown Parking Authority is providing FREE PARKING in all municipal parking lots and metered parking spaces for Downtown Halloween October 28th!
Visit Trinity Methodist Church from 4-6 for Trunk-or-Treat
Centenary University- Andrea Perron, real-life daughter of the family The Conjuring was made about, will be speaking at the university from 3-4:30pm.
SHOP, EAT AND DRINK LOCAL with the Hackettstown Businesses as they provide Halloween themed food and drink Items as well as Sales and Specials!
Participants are invited to Trick-or-Treat in downtown Hackettstown visiting merchants who display either a Orange Pumpkin (giving away candy) or a teal pumpkin (giving away a non-food item)
- Psychic Readings by Anna (119 Main St) – Special ½ price reading if you mention the BID. Halloween Candy for the kids. Open 10-10 Book a Psychic for your Halloween Party -Call (908)343-1705
- Saturday, Oct 28 3-8pm The Hackettstown Center for the Arts (181 Main St)-The festival is a showcase of some of the most talented, up and coming as well as seasoned horror filmmakers in the world! Come see the winning films for a frightfully good time! Under 18 must be accompanied by a guardian. Not appropriate for children under 12. Tickets and additional information: www.HackettstownFilmFest.org or call 908-813-2626.
- Me to You Consignment (206 Main St) – Spin the Wheel for Savings! Trick or Treat for Candy
- Czig Meister Brewing Co (106 Valentine St)- Fright Flight! Special beers or seltzers -Trick or Treaters welcome.
- Grand Avenue Tavern (109 Grand Ave) Special Seasonal Cocktails-Trick or Treaters welcome.
- Mama’s Cafe Baci Mountain Ave-Pumpkin Martinis