Halloween Downtown Oct. 29
In partnership with Mars Wrigley, Atlantic Health Systems , Hackettstown BID and the Hackettstown Police Department are happy to announce the 9th annual Halloween Parade on October 29th. This year’s parade will gather on the front lawns of Centenary University beginning at 2:00pm.
The parade will feature varying age brackets, family costume plus a pet division. Each participant will receive a special wristband for their age division. There will be prizes for the best costume in each group.
The parade will begin promptly at 3pm and proceed down Moore Street to the gazebo at Main Street. From there the participants are invited to circulate up and down Main Street visiting the various merchants who have either a Orange Pumpkin (giving away candy) displayed on their window, or a teal pumpkin (giving away a non-food item).
Advisory: 9th Annual Halloween Downtown Parade Road Closures For This Saturday (10/29/22).,
West Moore Street between Washington Street and Route 46 will be closed from 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
The following roads will be closed from 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.:
1. West Moore Street between Beatty Street and Second Avenue.
2. First Avenue between Grand Avenue and West Moore Street
3. West Moore Street along with the side streets from Beatty Street to Washington Street will be closed as the parade proceeds to the gazebo.
Expect traffic delays in the area.
**The Hackettstown Parking Authority is providing FREE PARKING in all municipal parking lots and metered parking spaces for Downtown Halloween October 29th!
Visit Trinity Methodist Church from 4-6 for Trunk-or-Treat
Participants are invited to Trick-or-Treat in downtown Hackettstown visiting merchants who display either a Orange Pumpkin (giving away candy) or a teal pumpkin (giving away a non-food item)
SHOP, EAT AND DRINK LOCAL with the Hackettstown Businesses as they provide Halloween themed food and drink Items as well as Sales and Specials!
- Friday Oct 28 Man Skirt Brewing – 80s trivia and Halloween party starting at 6:30. Great prizes
- Man Skirt Brewing -All Halloween weekend Frights and Flights- pairing your favorite beers with your favorite candies. Slimer Cooler and Marshmallow Black Cat Seltzer. Trick or Treat for candy while supplies last
- Centenary University (400 Jefferson Street)Oct 28~ 7 & 9pm Haunted Zombie Laser Tag
- Oct 29 11:30am -Goblin Gala
- 7-10 pm- Haunted Prom Masquerade Ball
- Psychic Readings by Anna (119 Main St) – Special ½ price reading if you mention the BID. Halloween Candy for the kids. Open 10-10 Book a Psychic for your Halloween Party -Call (908)343-1705
- Me to You Consignment (206 Main St) – All Day 10% off entire store and 50% off Fall and Halloween items. Trick or Treat for Candy
- El Tucan (133 Main Street) -Waiters will be dressed in costume/characters. Spooky Dinners every Wednesday and Thursday 6:30-9:00 pm. Halloween music and movies.
- Marley’s Gotham Grill (169 Main Street) -Desserts: Apple Cider Donut or a “Dirty” Pudding for kids. Drinks: Apple Cider Martini
- The G & G’s Big Closet(172 Main Street) Fall racks on sale Trick or Treat for Candy
- Sound Effects Records (229 Main St #6)-Original music and more featuring the hybrid guitar of Steve Kirchuk.
- Gabbys II Pizza (190 Mountain Ave) with Precision Collision and Restoration- 9pm to 1am Costume Contest Halloween Party -drinks, appetizers, music and dancing.
- Skylands Family Pharmacy (198 Mountain Ave)-Free blood pressure cuff with transfer to our pharmacy-candy and non candy for Trick-or-Treaters
- Mama’s Café Baci (260 Mountain Ave) -Pumpkin Martini
- Czig Meister Brewing Co (106 Valentine St)- Fright Flight! Available on tap Oct 29th and 30th 3 special beers and a seltzer $15 Trick or Treaters welcome.
- Jazzercise of Hackettstown (124 Maple Ave)-Try a FREE CLASS 7:00am or a special team taught class at 9:30am. Costumes Welcome!
- Sunday, Oct 30 3-6pm The Hackettstown Center for the Arts (181 Main St)-Hackettstown Horror and the Macabre Film Festival held at the Strand Art House Cinema. Not recommended for ages under 18 without adult supervision. Tickets and additional information: www.HackettstownFilmFest.org or call 908-813-2626.
- Bea McNally’s Irish Pub (109 Grand Avenue) Special Seasonal Cocktails
Visit the Hackettstown Businesses during Halloween Downtown! Trick-or-Treat at these as well as other businesses while their supplies last:
Laundry Basket Laundromat
Czig Meister Brewing
Psychic Readings by Anna
Hackettstown Pet Store
Jack’s Scissor Wiz
The Gold Mine
Luce’s Home Furnishings and Fromage LLC
Play Away Indoor Play Place
Deluxe Barber Shop
McKenna Hair Salon
Elizabeth’s Tea Shop
House of Jerky
Kilhaney’s Pickle Shop
Tracy’s Candy Shoppe
G & G Big Closet
Me to You Boutique
Sound Effects Records
Berk’s Furniture Outlet
Fiedler Real Estate
Skyland Family Pharmacy
1 Response Comment
Halloween is upon us, and we couldn’t be more excited. We’re ready to decorate thanks for sharing this wonderful information